We accomplish our vision by finding, developing, and embracing the people who help fulfill this promise and embody our culture:
- We find and develop talent.
- We are dedicated to learning and share knowledge among ourselves, with clients and the public.
- We work hard and reward hard work.
- We act nimbly and responsively.
- We work together to produce better thinking, and deliver client results.
- We are authentic, transparent, treat each other candidly, and with respect.
- We have the discipline and humility to constantly improve.
- We strive to maintain a work-life balance.
- We believe our success creates an opportunity and responsibility to help others.
- We are enthusiastic about the future because media is fun.
Submit Your Resumé
We are currently looking for…
DR National TV Buyer
The responsibilities of a DR National TV buyer are comprised of the overall execution and management of our clients’ media efforts. This encompasses all activities from the initial buy assessment, negotiations, and ongoing management & campaign stewardship, as well as final reporting/reconciliation. Team members are required to adhere to industry best practices, be SOX compliant, and to be current on industry developments. They are expected to work with other team members to move the organization forward by providing effective/efficient buying, thorough stewardship, and innovative solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Negotiating and buying National DRTV (networks/stations)
- Understanding of National Broadcast General Media
- Monitoring ongoing performances of buys to determine necessary re-expressions within flight to deliver to goal
- Development and issuance of weekly campaign reporting inclusive of weekly write-ups summarizing campaign performance versus goal and recommended buy management changes
- Maintaining accurate benchmarks for past and present buys
- Reconcile vendor invoices and handle discrepancies in order to complete necessary billing procedures in compliance with client timelines
- Securing regular communications with sales reps to understand ongoing marketplace conditions and building relationships representing the agency
- Participation in developing spec buys for potential new business
- Completely understanding the clients’ business model and metrics for success
- Ability to use Strata, SBMS, Advantage, BVS, CORE & Nielsen
- Providing guidance and assistance to Assistants and Coordinators, including but not limited to calling for pre and post log times from networks, downloading BVS schedules, updating logs, preparing traffic instructions
- Establish and maintain strong agency relationships. Working with the TV/Radio team on joint projects and cooperatively work with the Account Executive team
- Researching new technologies that will help clients build their businesses
- Bringing innovative solutions to outstanding issues
- Approaching buys thru a holistic lens that benefits the entire campaign
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a National DRTV buying position
- Excellent quantitative skills – expertise with Excel and proficient with numbers
- Strong communication capabilities for both internal and external dialogue
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
Account Planner/Account Planning Supervisor
Mediassociates is a leading independent media planning, buying and analytics agency located in Fairfield County, Conn., dedicated to proactively guiding clients through the ongoing revolution in media and technology to achieve better business results. Our growth has been built on having a transparent data lens that measures the impact of advertising on our clients’ business. We are seeking an Account Planner/Media Planning Supervisor who will play an important role in our future growth plans.
We are seeking a Media Planning professional who has a Minimum 5-years Agency Media Experience, a solid understanding of all media planning/buying disciplines, media research tools, is a team player, and has extensive experience in managing Clients, developing media strategies, building media plans and managing effective execution across all media platforms (TV, Radio, Print, OOH, Digital, etc.).
In addition to managing Client relationships, this candidate has acted as an advisor and partner, and a successful collaborator with internal teams. They will move the organization forward by strengthening Client partnerships, providing effective, efficient and innovative media solutions, as well as performance insights and recommendations to help achieve our Client’s goals.
- Providing strategic guidance to clients and internal teams while seeking to continuously improve media plan efficiencies and performance
- Researching, planning, executing and managing of media campaigns across a variety of clients
- Creating and presenting specific documents such as media plans, support rational documents, objectives and strategies decks, POV’s, and other related functions
- Collaborating with internal Mediassociates’ team members, sharing of opportunities, and identifying unique targeting opportunities to help stay at the forefront of media innovation
- Maintaining partnerships with media vendors to secure exceptional value for clients.
- Negotiating the best prices and media placement for clients, as well as securing value-add media
- Ensuring accurate budget management
- Utilizing syndicated research (MRI, Scarborough, etc.)
- Providing strategic guidance to clients while seeking to continuously improve our relationships
- Seek out opportunities to expand agency services utilized by client
- Constantly seek to raise the bar for agency service standards and deliverables
- Manage work load and process by facilitating regular meetings with internal teams
- Ensure client relations are positive and stable; and that management is informed of any potential issues
- Identify client needs, concerns & challenges while ensuring meaningful responsiveness
- Ensure that financial management of accounts meets agency standards
- At least 5 years in media planning & client management
- Demonstrated experience planning national & local accounts w/broadcast elements
- Experience managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional project management skills and superb oral and written communication, with strong presentation skills
- Ability to represent the agency and the client in a polished, intelligent manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and persuade staff, peers & clients
- Team player and leader who is teaching-oriented, proactive and has a strong work ethic